Stina Inc

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stina Inc and I

Hi! My name is Stina.

About Me:
I am 22 years old and I just graduated not too long ago from UCLA with a bachelor's degree in Political Science and Global Studies. During these four formative years, I have had the luxury to study intensely and gain an immense knowledge and understanding about the world around me! Much of my studies in Political Science focused on American Politics and International Relations. In Global Studies, which is a relatively new and developing subject matter, the focus is on the social, political, and economic struggles of countries all over the world. I am always happy and open towards gaining a deeper perspective on life, as the world is always evolving with something new to learn. Being aware of all the struggles and hardships of those around me, near or far, has allowed me to realize that my existence in this world should mean something greater than just my own self-fulfillment. I want to give back to the world, and help others who are less fortunate than I am. Perhaps, this is a bit idealistic but no matter how big or small the impact may be, I truly believe I can make a difference!

As passionate as I am about global, political struggles, I also cannot deny my passion for creativity, especially in crafts! I dabble here and there with various forms of crafting, mostly creating book bags, clothes, jewelry, and even Halloween costumes! I currently teach a jewelry making course at a middle school in Los Angeles. I love my job because I get to introduce and share with young adults the joys of crafting! They are the future, the next generation of creative crafters, and I am more than happy to be able to touch their lives.


About Stina Inc:
So what am I doing here? For quite awhile now, a little nagging, but well-intentioned voice in my head kept nudging me to combine my passions. With a fresh new year and thankfully, more time on my hands since graduation, I can now be on the pursuit of transforming my passions into a reality. Now, here I am with "Stina Inc," a handmade goody store currently stocked with jewelry I've created. My creations are inspired by all the whimsical, fantasy, dream-like, idyllic images in my head. I think it's partly because I'm a Pisces :).

"Stina Inc" is inspired by friends, family, and everything I've come to know and love. It is a leisure pursuit for now, but I would love to someday develop "Stina Inc" further. Enough so that I can make significant contributions to foundations aimed to better the global environment and helping those in need.

Best of all, I hope my hobby can expand to touch the lives of many worldwide who enjoy handmade goodies as much as I do!

In the meantime, you will find me recycling as many plastic bottles and grocery bags as I possibly can, tutoring and teaching jewelry-making, donating whatever I can spare: money, clothes, hair (Yes, even hair! For more info, check out: www.locksoflove.org), and of course, creating new products for "Stina Inc." Remember, every bit of effort counts, no matter how big or small! Not only do I believe that I have the ability to make a difference, but I truly believe that you can too!

Keep up with my blog for updates on products from "Stina Inc," other good products I can recommend, and the perspective of a young Los Angeles native in general.

Until next time!

Stina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home